Davao Occidental’s leading Environment office, PENRO outlines the programs for the protection and conservation of the province’s environment and natural resources:
- SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
To implement ecologically and economically sustainable, replicable waste management activities in compliance to the Ecological Solid Waster Management Act of 2000.
- Conducting information, education and communication activities among waste generators in the five municipalities of Davao Occidental
- Fabrication of briquette machines to make fuel briquettes from agro-waste
- Maintaining/improving the Materials Recovery Facility to have improved facilitation of waste collection
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation of the different ESWM activities and identify best practices among LGUs
- Conducting of forums on clustered sanitary landfill, waste to energy and proper disposal of pesticide containers/toxic and hazardous waste among waste generators
- MINERAL RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
To regulate the extraction of minerals resources in order to sustain the supply of quarry materials in the construction industry without endangering Mother Nature.
- Regulation of Mineral Extraction
- Monitoring of Quarry Sites.
- Hiring of additional manpower
- Scaling of delivery trucks